ZPB’s Alex Kafetz has edited the influential Dr Foster Hospital Guide for the last five years. The 2013 publication highlighted the fact that hospital mortality rates at the weekend are unusually high. Following publication, National Medical Director Sir Bruce Keogh announced that consultant contracts will be changed so that they can no longer refuse to work at the weekends.
What we did:
- Developed the content strategy
- Devised and delivered communications strategy with NHS trusts and national bodies
- Worked with Dr Foster and Imperial College London to develop indicators
- Wrote and edited the content
- Designed infographics and posters that presented complex data and messages clearly
- Shaped the media messages and ZPB’s director Alex Kafetz was interviewed as an expert by the press (see above for Alex on Sky News with Adam Boulton).
- Briefed the DH, NHS England and the Care Quality Commission