9th Nov 2021 •
PR Senior Account Manager
We’ve always known it, but healthcare is now officially the most interesting sector to work in. The issues we deal with every day include COVID-19; medical breakthroughs and advances across research, medicines and vaccines; the pressure to solve the health and social care workforce challenge; system integration and digital healthcare.
ZPB works with the most exciting and innovative organisations across the health and care sector from disruptive and innovative data and software companies to cutting edge pharmaceuticals & life sciences companies, and organisations that care for patients across acute, community and primary care. We are a strongly networked agency and we engage at the highest levels with both our clients and their stakeholders. We are a small team but consistently punch above our weight, and we’re on a very exciting growth journey.
Over the last year, we have built a standout team and we are now looking for a senior account manager to join our PR team to make sure our clients are at the forefront of the health and care news agenda as well as making the most of innovative and creative PR opportunities.
- Positive and passionate about health and care, interested in current affairs and the issues affecting the sector whether political, social or scientific
- A brilliant writer obsessed with news and journalism
- Ever-curious mind, creative in your approach, while also being commercially savvy and having a super-sharp eye for detail
- Take pride in work, leap into new opportunities and bring ideas and enthusiasm to everything you do
- Desire to be at the helm of industry award-winning work
- Enjoy working independently but also as part of a small tight-knit team, supporting a culture of continual development and benefiting from each individual’s specialist knowledge and unique contribution
- Health communications consultancy experience, working across a wide range of communications tools and channels with a specific passion for PR and media relations.
- A life-longer learner, a connector of people, industries, ideas and opportunities
- Location flexible but must be able to travel to South London regularly to work from our office HQ
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus an additional day for each year you are at ZPB (up to 31) as well as between Christmas and New Year off.
- Summer Friday’s – the office closes at 4 pm July and August
- Stay fit allowance to encourage you to get out and about
- Happy Monday Fund – to support personal development
- Personalised mentoring and generous training budget
- Opportunity to undertake 40 hours of pro-bono work for a charity of your choice
The PR Senior Account Manager role:
You’ll work closely with our clients to understand their challenges and design effective, innovative and exciting PR strategies to help them achieve success. You’ll help them understand the media landscape, trends and opportunities as well as their customers, stakeholders and influencers, the policy and political environment.
- You will lead the client relationship and influence your clients to achieve their objectives – on time and on budget.
- Understand the media, current affairs and how this develops into opportunities for our clients and then take them forward
- Ability to understand business objectives and how this translates into meaningful evaluation processes for PR
- Can conduct complex sell ins/deal with complex/detailed media enquires with advice and support from the Account Director
- Can write strong press releases, feature articles, thought leadership content and case studies
- Detailed knowledge of digital platforms and appropriate channels for different content – able to advise clients authoritatively on these and how to develop unique content for them
- Confident to give well-considered media-related advice to clients
- Excellent health and care media contacts
- Ability to lead brainstorm and generate a commitment to new ideas from colleagues and client
- Confident to support younger team members as they learn the ropes
- Understand the commercials for your accounts and able to undertake KPI and budget reporting
If you’d like to apply please send your CV and a cover note to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org