14th May 2018 •
We’re looking for an Account Director
We’re hiring. We are looking for a bright and ambitious Account Director to join our exciting and growing team that delivers stand out, high-profile work. You will have a real opportunity to be creative, have autonomy and be connected to some of the best and most influential people and organisations in the health sector.
We are looking for someone who wants to spread their wings, to problem solve, be creative, and to be part of the healthcare debate. You will need guts, ambition and integrity as well as the appropriate skills and market experience.
ZPB Associates is a specialist healthcare communications consultancy. We work with some of the most exciting organisations in the health sector. From disruptive and innovative data and software companies to organisations who care for patients across acute, community and primary care. Our purpose is to build an environment where the NHS, independent sector and life sciences can have better connected and productive partnerships. We are a highly networked agency and we engage at the highest levels with both our clients and their stakeholders.
- Well organised, commercially sound, enthusiastic, positive and passionate about healthcare.
- You enjoy being part of a small team, supporting them to improve as well as learning from their specialist knowledge.
- You are committed to helping ZPB to grow and succeed.
- You are confident to share ideas and challenge thinking
- You are motivated by seeing our clients succeed and are committed to quality outputs
- You have a strong ethos of improvement and see challenges as opportunities
- You are experienced across a range of communications tools and channels and can turn your hand to new projects with ease
- You are experienced at managing client campaigns
- You take responsibility for your own actions and never pass the buck
- You want to be part of taking a small high performing organisaiton to the next level
The Account Director role:
At its core this role will:
Help our clients to understand their customers, stakeholders and influencers, the policy and political environment, people and patients, and help them to change and influence behaviour within their own organisations as well as within their market.
On one hand you will work closely with our clients to understand their challenges and design effective, innovative and exciting communications strategies to help them achieve success.
On the other, you will work closely with the MT and with the client teams to develop and grow client accounts, be a proactive advisor your clients, a mentor and leader to the client teams, and a driver of new business to ZPB.
Planning and delivery
- Develop clear quarterly and annual client development plans, setting targets, identifying growth and development opportunities
- Work collectively with the team to deliver the highest quality work and excellent client service
- Regularly review project or contract performance against KPIs and report back to client and the senior account director
- Lead integrated campaigns for multiple clients
- Project manage, schedule and budget time and resource to ensure that all work is delivered to the highest standard, on time and on budget
- Highlight resource requirements, recruiting contractors and freelancers where appropriate. Support the resource allocation of account team across clients/projects
- Be accountable for the delivery of client and account plans, and ensure they are clearly communicated and understood across the team
- Proactively seek new business and client growth, writing proposals and leading pitches
- Deliver new business opportunities and revenue streams with new and existing clients
- Take responsibility for client contracts, SLAs and create project documentation
- Deliver overall profitability of a client contract or project by managing projects and other team members to track time, costs and financial targets
- Be continually seeking new products, services and client business trends to deliver ambitious ’on-brief’ solutions
- Develop client strategy while demonstrating creativity, innovation and big ideas
- Be part of the ZPB think tank, and seek new and improved core products and services in looking for new revenue streams
- Develop strong, strategic relationships within client companies and demonstrate understanding of their strategic priorities in delivering work
- Proactively manage relationships with clients and seek opportunities to strengthen and build new relationships.
- Seek opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective client to create new opportunities
- Report back internally and externally against client KPIs and conduct regular account reviews
- Ensure a positive client relationship through clear, realistic goals and objectives agreed by the client and delivered by ZPB
- Embed yourself and your team within the client’s team through excellent client relations
To apply please email Rachel Allan with a CV and cover letter – firstname.lastname@example.org.