In Autumn 2017, ZPB convened the Push Doctor’s strategy and governance advisory board with the following objectives:
- To create general brand awareness with senior NHS leadership to prepare Push Doctor to work with the NHS
- To guide the company through the process of being inspected by the Care Quality Commission
- To advise the Push Doctor leadership team in terms of NHS strategy and policy
It is chaired by Ed Smith, the former chairman of NHS Improvement and a well respected NHS leader and members include:
- Matthew Campbell-Hill, GB athlete and Non-Executive Director for the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Marc Farr, Director of Information at East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
- Michael Lennox, Member of NHS England South West Local Professional Network for Pharmacy
- Christine Outram, Chair of The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Sir John Chisholm, former Executive Chair of the Genomics England board
“It has been fantastic to have ZPB shepherd and steer our Advisory Board over the last 18 months. They have been supportive and challenging, and that has made the difference.”Ed Smith, Chair of Push Doctor’s Strategy and Governance Advisory Board
The board has met quarterly face to face since December 2017, followed by dinner. Most months, there has also been a weekly “check in” call. Board members also regularly have one-to-one meetings with the Push Doctor senior leadership team.
ZPB developed the strategy for the board alongside Push Doctor, as well the administrative management the board – which is critical to the momentum of the board, we liaise with board members so they can to stay in touch with developments at Push Doctor and link back into Push Doctor so that the board becomes a important asset for the business. Its formation was featured in the Health Service Journal.
Notable achievements include:
- The board has constantly given insight into the changing world of NHS strategy including the migration from the five-year forward view to the long-term plan and the creation of primary care networks. Through member networks, PushDoctor have been able to strengthen their core team with new employees with NHS experience
- Push Doctor is now live across Yorkshire, the Midlands, London and the South East, with a reach of 2.1m NHS patients and a healthy pipeline of new prospects. The membership and function of the board have been praised by a number of potential customers during the contracting process
- The board has been addressed by a number of senior NHS stakeholders and these bilateral conversations have helped create the right market for digital health care and Push Doctor be able to adapt their models to meet the needs of the NHS
- The board have been involved in supporting clinical governance programmes such as the perfect week initiative
- CQC inspected Push Doctor in May 2019 and they received ‘Good’ in all categories and ‘Outstanding” in ‘Well-led’. Members of the board advised in many aspects of this both in full session and in individual meetings to help the Push Doctor executive prepare, plus the existence of the board played a small part in Push Doctor being awarded the outstanding rating
ZPB is continuing to support this board into its third year.
To discuss your organisation’s needs and to explore forming an advisory board please contact Alex Kafetz via email@example.com